So as a business you can get some great deal from many providers, but before you do so STOP!
Now go and talk to your IT (Technology) Provider.
Although most broadband migrations go smoothly what is going to happen if it doesn't?
Other things you need to ask/establish are
- Is Broadband enough or do you need another option
- Do you need a resilient/Redundant connection
- If yes to above, how is that going to happen
- Is the connection capped
- What happens when you reach the cap limit
- How easy is it to get support? Search the Internet to see customers experiences, these are likely all to be negative as we only ever seem to moan on line. But are there good ones. Talk to other businesses
It is highly likely your IT provider can supply broadband to you, so why not make this your first call. After all you already know how good their support is! And it is likely to mean you don't have to speak to India to not get any service!
They will certainly give a better migration service than a broadband only supplier, after all they want to make sure you are happy with the whole experience.